Our Shared Vision
Livonia Public Schools stands as a lighthouse district, a beacon
of excellence offering exceptional educational opportunities to all
children and serving as a source of pride for our community. As a
premier school system, we promote a passion for learning and a
philosophy that puts the needs of children and their education first.
Climate and Environment
are a caring community that knows and lifts every child. All employees,
parents and community members appreciate and honor the unique
contributions each brings to our education community. Therefore, we see a
school district where we:
- provide a safe, joyful, welcoming environment for all who enter and a place where students are eager to learn.
- respect, value, empower and trust one another.
- celebrate the uniqueness of each individual in a climate of acceptance and understanding.
- value open, honest and two-way communication among all stakeholders (families, students, staff and community).
- invite parents and community members to be active partners.
- benefit from facilities that are updated, well maintained and inviting, including cutting-edge technology and equipment.
exemplary learning community inspires and motivates all students to
reach their full learning potential. Therefore, we see a school district
- experience joy in learning.
- flourish in a learning environment where creativity and imagination abound.
- are encouraged to give their personal best and challenged to go beyond the ordinary.
- have their unique learning needs met.
- experience learning that connects to the real world through a variety of opportunities for exploration.
- are assessed using reliable and timely instruments that measure what students are expected to learn and guide instruction
Enhancing Employee Capacity
an exemplary school district, we operate on the premise that a school
district can only be as good as the people that it employs. Therefore,
we have a deep commitment to holding the highest standards for ourselves
and others, and providing the opportunity to learn and grow. We see a
school district where an empowered staff:
- works cooperatively and collaboratively to expand their ability to support and improve student learning.
- broadens the potential for success through innovative and creative ideas.
- values and seeks meaningful individual professional development.
- experiences focused professional development based upon best practices and current research.
- uses state-of-the-art technology and equipment to enhance job effectiveness.
understand that the pursuit of excellence requires persistence,
tenacity and courageous patience. Therefore, we see a school district
where our processes support:
- continuous improvement in all that we do.
- implementation of innovative ideas when determining structural and operational changes.
- participative problem-solving and decision-making.
Outcomes for Our Students
Our schools excel at preparing each student for his/her life journey. Therefore, we see a school district where students are:
- persons of character who are contributing members of society and life-long learners.
- independent, confident and hopeful, with the skills to plan a successful future.
- analytical and capable decision makers.
- proficient in math, literacy, and communication skills.
- prepared for future education and career opportunities.
vision document provides the “imagination” of what we hope to become, a
blueprint for continuous improvement, and the benchmarks by which we
will evaluate our progress.
We dedicate ourselves to these ideals.
Benefits of Our Shared Vision
Our shared vision is powerful because it is the result of over 2,500 stake holders’ input.
Our shared vision provides a rudder to guide our decisions and priorities, especially in challenging times.
Our shared vision defines our culture, what we value and how we will put it into practice.
Our shared vision leads more quickly to improving the achievement of our students and the skills of our employees.
Our shared vision focuses us on the innovation and long-term planning needed for continued success.