Geometry Test-Out Procedures
Students who have NEVER BEEN ENROLLED in Geometry will be eligible to take the exam. Students interested in taking the Geometry Test-Out need to be in at least the eighth grade. Register online using the link below. Students will be required to bring their student ID with them to the exam. Students who pass this exam will be awarded credit on their transcript. The results of the test-out will not affect their grade point average.
Test Date: Wednesday April 30, 2014
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
Location: Stevenson High School, Room C-21
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 16, 2014
The Geometry test-out consists of 60 multiple choice questions testing the following Geometry Content Strands:
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Language and Laws of Logic
- Geometric Proofs
- Lines and Angles; Basic Euclidean and Coordinate Geometry
- Triangles and Their Properties
- Triangles and Trigonometry
- Quadrilaterals and Their Properties
- Other Polygons and Their Properties
- Circles and Their Properties
- Three-Dimensional Figures
- Relationships Between Figures
- Relationships between area and volume formulas
- Congruence and similarity
- Distance-preserving transformations:Isometries
- Shape-preserving transformations: Dilations and Isometries
Please feel free to visit the MDE website for more detailed information about the Michigan Merit Curriculum Geometry High School Content Expectations.
Students must score 80% or better in order to receive credit.
A letter will be sent to the parent/guardian indicating whether or not their student passed the test-out. Counselors will be informed via email by Mitzi Castelli.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER