"Today, more than ever, Science holds the key to our survival as a planet and our security and prosperity as a nation." ~President Barack Obama
- Understand scientific inquiry.
that life, physical, and earth sciences are interconnected by the
concepts of models, energy, systems, constancy, patterns of change,
evolution, and scale.
- Develop skills in data gathering by observing, measuring, researching, and recording information.
information processing and problem solving skills by hypothesizing,
experimenting, analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating.
- Communicate ideas using oral, written, graphical, and modeling techniques.
- Apply science concepts in the use of technology and develop an understanding of the problems related to technology.
- Understand that the nature of science demands responsible action in dealing with science-related societal issues.
- Understand the evolutionary nature, structure, function, and organization of simple and complex living things.