Students who have NEVER BEEN ENROLLED in Geometry will be eligible to take the exam.Students interested in taking the Geometry Test-Out need to be in at least the seventhgrade. Register online using the link below. Students will be required to bring their student ID with them to the exam. Students who pass this exam will be awarded credit on theirtranscript. The results of the test-out will not affect their grade pointaverage.
Test Date: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Time: 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location: Stevenson High School, 33500 Joy Rd.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2017
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE GEOMETRY TEST OUT
The Geometry test-out consists of 60 multiple choice questions testing the following Geometry Content Clusters:
1. Experiment with transformations in the plane.
2. Understand congruence in terms of rigid motions.
3. Prove geometric theorems.
4. Make geometric constructions.
5. Understand similarity in terms of similarity transformations.
6. Prove theorems involving similarity.
7. Define trigonometric ratios and solve problems involving right triangles.
8. Apply geometric concepts in modeling situations.
9. Apply trigonometry to general triangles.
10. Explain volume formulas and use them to solve problems.
11. Visualize the relation between two-dimensional and three-dimensional objects.
12. Apply geometric concepts in modeling situations.
13. Use coordinates to prove simple geometric theorems algebraically.
14. Understand and apply theorems about circles.
15. Find arc lengths and areas of sectors of circles.
16. Translate between the geometric description and the equation for a conic section
Please feel free to visit the MDE website for more detailed information about the Michigan High School Math Standards.
Students must score 80% or better in order to receive credit.
A letter will be sent to the parent/guardian indicating whether or not their student passed the test-out. Counselors will be informed via email from Ben Hillard.